VEM provides you general information about Australian Family Visas
Australian Government issues many different subclasses appropriate with each family circumstance in the Family Visas for people who have settled down in Australia for a long time to reunite with their family again.
Each type of visa has different requirements. So you should have knowledge about Australian Family Visas to find a suitable visa for your family members. Let’s discover Australian Family Visas with VEM in a post below!
What is an Australian Family Visa?
A Family Visa allows you (sponsor) who is an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen to sponsor your family members/relatives to come and live with you in Australia.
Depending on each stream of Australian Family Visas that allows your relatives to stay temporarily or permanently.
Benefits when holding an Australian Family Visa
- Staying in Australia with your family.
- Having full working and studying rights.
- Having multiple travels between your country and Australia.
- Being entitled for Australian Medicare (depending on subclass).
- Applying for Australian citizenship if you meet the requirements.
How many Subclasses of Australian Family Visas?
Marriage Visa Stream
- Prospective Marriage Visa – Subclass 300
- Partner (Provisional) Visa – Subclass 309
- Partner (Migrant) Visa – Subclass 100
- Partner Visa – Subclass 820/801
Parent Visa Stream
- Parent Visa – Subclass 103
- Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa – Subclass 173
- Contributory Parent Visa – Subclass 143
- Aged Parent Visa – Subclass 804
- Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa – Subclass 870
Child Visa Stream
Other Relatives Visa Stream
- Aged Dependent Relative Visa – Subclass 114
- Remaining Relative Visa – Subclass 115
- Carer Visa – Subclass 116
General requirements of Family Visas
There are some main requirements that you (applicant) and your sponsor need to follow:
- Must be sponsored by one of your family members who is an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Must meet the family – balance – test (applicable to Parent visas).
- Must meet health and character requirements.
- Must meet financial requirements (for certain visa)
Australian Family Visas are complex. Each subclass contains different requirements. The processing time may take from 2 up to 30 years depending on which subclass you apply.
You are highly recommended to know about the visa subclass you want to apply for in detail and prepare your documents properly before lodging your visa application to avoid being delayed and refused.
Please contact VEM’s migration consultant for assistance.