Our migration consultant’s advice for a Subclass 309 visa
To settle down in Australia with a partner or spouse is many people’s dream. A Subclass 309 visa will be a connection that not only helps you to stay with your partner or spouse in Australia temporarily but also give you a great opportunity to live permanently in Australia with your lover when you obtain a Subclass 100 visa.
What is a Partner (Provisional) Visa – Subclass 309?
This is a temporary visa that allows you to stay in Australia until you are granted a Subclass 100 visa. You must be in a genuine relationship with your partner and be offshore when applying for this partner visa.
Your partner must be an Australian citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Who are the suitable applicants for a Partner Visa – Subclass 309?
- You must be officially married to or have a strongly committed relationship with an Australian citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Your relationship must be at least 1 year and cover the 4 aspects of the relationship regarding: long – term commitment, financial, social and domestic aspects.
- You must be offshore when lodging the visa application.
Obtaining a Subclass 100 visa is the next step while you are holding a Subclass 309 visa
Benefits of a Subclass 309 visa
- Staying in Australia until your expired date or until being granted a Subclass 100 visa.
- Having unlimited hours to work in Australia.
- Studying in Australia (with school fee exemptions).
- Getting multiple travels between your country and Australia.
- Attending free English language classes supported by the government.
- Getting an Australian’s medicare (covering most health services with no costs).
- Including immediate family members.
To ensure your application is properly prepared, VEM’s experts will help you step by step with your applications.
Requirements to apply for a Subclass 309 visa
There are basic requirements that you and your partner/spouse need to follow:
For your partner:
- Must be over 18 years old.
- Must be an Australian citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Must provide information on criminal records.
- Must not have sponsored twice.
- Must be over 18 years old.
- Applicants (you and your family members) who apply for the visa must be sponsored by your partner.
- You and any of your family members who apply with you must meet the requirements of health and character.
- Have no debt to Australian Government.
Your applications may be refused if:
- There is an arrangement in your marriage.
- You do not meet 4 aspects of the relationship.
- You meet your partneras a child and the marriage is arranged.
- You meet your partneronline and do not have any commitments.
Cost of a Subclass 309
The visa application fee will be 7,715AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge). This fee is also for a Subclass 100 visa. You can include immediate family members when you lodge your visa application. Each family member is also charged depending on their age:
- Under 18 years old: 1,935AUD (including 1.4% surcharge).
- Over 18 years old: 3,860AUD (including 1.4% surcharge).
There are also other costs for police checks and health checks.
Contact us for further information.
Processing time of a Subclass 309 visa
The newest processing time for a Partner Visa – Subclass 309:
|Types of visa||Processing time|
|Subclass 309 visa||75% of the applications are processed within 17 months.
90% of the applications are processed within 25 months.
If you do not prepare your documents properly, your application may take longer. If your application is refused, do not panic! Seek for the reliable and qualified service, which is VEM for help.
The process of applying for a Partner Visa – Subclass 309
- Step 1: Checking whether you meet the requirements.
- Step 2: Preparing the required documents.
- Step 3: Applying for a Subclass 309/100 visa.
- Step 4: Being granted a Subclass 309 visa.
Due to the Covid pandemic we have a special offer for you which is a 30% discount on our professional fee. Contact us for more special offers.
Q&A about a Subclass 309 visa
ABSOLUTELY. You can visit Australia by applying for a Subclass 600 visitor visa.
Yes, you can. You are able to study in every Australian Institution with some school fee exemptions
You need to prove that:
Your relationship is genuine and developing by meeting the 4 aspects of the relationship: financial, domestic, social and long – term commitment aspects.
Contact VEM for a free consultancy session. One of our migration consultants will assist you with your application.