Let VEM provides you with more details about a Subclass 101 visa
For some reasons parents left their children behind and came to Australia without their accompany, a Subclass 101 child visa will help to bring about family reunion.
What is a Subclass 101 visa?
This is a permanent visa that allows a child living outside Australia to immigrate to Australia and live with their parents. A parent must be suitable to sponsor: an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand.
Benefits of a Child Visa
A child obviously has the same benefits to a permanent resident:
- Staying in Australia permanently.
- Working with unlimited hours.
- Having financial support from the government for study.
- Sponsoring relatives to Australia.
- Being entitled Australia medicare.
- Applying for an Australian citizenship (if meet requirements).
Requirements for a Subclass 101 visa
- Must be under 18 years old or from 18 to 25 years old and dependent on parents, single and outside of Australia.
- Must be sponsored by their parent who is an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Must meet the health and character requirements.
- Must sign the Australian value statement.
- Must be a settled Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Must be approved for sponsorship.
- Must provide financial support and adequate accommodation for the applicants in the first 2 years.
Cost of a Subclass 101 visa
The visa application fee is 2,665AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge).
Additionally, there are also other costs for police and health checks.
Contact VEM’s consultants for more details.
Processing time for a Child Visa
According to the DHA’s website, the processing time may take:
- 75% of the applications are processed within 26 months.
- 90% of the applications are processed within 34 months.
Your application may take longer if it does not include all the information and documents required by the DHA.
For these reasons, using VEM’s visa services will help you to avoid unexpected consequences. Contact us now!
Q&A about a Child Visa – Subclass 101
You CANNOT. You have to apply for a Subclass 101 visa on paper.
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
You can include your dependent child in your application. However, there will be an additional charge to include the child’s application.
Definitely! You can sponsor your child when you are both in and out of Australia.
Contact VEM’s consultants to have more assistance.