VEM provide you with information about a Subclass 835 visa
If you are the last remaining relative of an Australian permanent resident or citizen you may be able to reunite with your family in Australia via the Remaining Relative Visa – Subclass 835.
What is a Subclass 835 visa?
This visa allows you (applicant) and your close family members to stay permanently in Australia. You are required to be onshore when lodging your visa application.
This is the main difference between Subclass 835 and Subclass 115 visas (required to lodge the visa application offshore).
Benefits when holding a Subclass 835 visa
- Staying in Australia as a permanent resident.
- Having a full working right.
- Having a full study right with some support from the governments.
- Being entitled for Australian medicare.
- Being able to sponsor your relatives to Australia.
- Applying for Australian citizenship (if eligible).
Requirements of a Subclass 835 visa
- Must be sponsored by an eligible relative.
- Must not have other near relatives.
- Must meet health and character requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be a settled Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Must be approved for sponsorship.
- Must provide accommodation, financial support and assurance support for the applicant.
- Must not have held or sponsored for someone else who was granted Subclass 835 or Subclass 115 or Subclass 104 or Subclass 806 visas.
Cost of a Subclass 835 visa
The visa application fee is 6,415AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge) for the main applicant and divided into 2 instalments. You will need to pay for your first instalment when lodging your visa application.
The payment of the second instalment is paid at the time of decisions. There are also visa application charges for family members who apply with the applicant.
There are also other costs for health and police checks.
Contact VEM for more information about the cost.
Processing time of a Subclass 835 visa
There is no standard processing time currently available for this visa subclass. However, you must prepare your documents properly before lodging your visa application to avoid visa refusal.
Contact VEM’s consultants for more details.