Let’s explore with VEM this Orphan Relative Visa – Subclass 837
Similar to a Subclass 117 visa, this subclass 837 visa is one of the right pathways to sponsor your relative who is an orphan to Australia.
What is a Subclass 837 visa?
This is a permanent visa that allows the child who is a single orphan to stay with their relatives if their parents are dead, lost, cannot be found or unable to care for them.
You (applicant) must be onshore when lodging your visa application.
Benefits when holding a Subclass 837 visa
- Staying in Australia as a permanent resident.
- Having full work and study rights under Australian law.
- Having multiple travels in and out Australia for up to 5 years.
- Being entitled to Australian medicare.
- Being able to sponsor your relatives to Australia.
- Applying for Australian citizenship if you meet the requirements.
Requirements of a Subclass 837 visa
- Must be under 18 years old when lodging the visa application.
- Must be sponsored by your relative who is a settled Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Must have a consent from the legal guardian(s) to migrate to Australia.
- Must hold an eligible visa.
- Must meet health and character requirements.
- Must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Must have the sponsorship approved.
- Must provide financial support and assist with accommodation for the child in the first 2 years.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
Cost of a Subclass 837 visa
The visa application fee is 1,630AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge). In addition, you are required to pay for police and health checks.
Processing time of a Subclass 837 visa
There is no standard processing time currently available for this visa. However, you are granted bridging visa A to stay in Australia while waiting for the outcome of the visa application.
We highly recommend you to prepare your documents properly before lodging your visa application to avoid visa refusal.
Contact VEM’s expert for more assistance.