Let’s explore the Contributory Aged Parent Visa – Subclass 864 with VEM
What is a Subclass 864 visa?
A Contributory Aged Parent Visa – Subclass 864 allows you (applicant) to stay in Australia as a permanent resident. You must be at retirement age, onshore and sponsored by your child who is an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
This visa is mostly similar to a Subclass 143 visa. However, instead of applying onshore, applicants who apply for a Subclass 143 visa must be offshore.
Benefits when holding a Subclass 864 visa
- Staying in Australia permanently.
- Having full study and work rights.
- Having multiple travels between your country and Australia up to 5 years.
- Being entitled Australian medicare.
- Being able to sponsor your relatives if they meet requirements.
- Applying for Australian citizenship if you meet requirements.
Requirements of a Contributory Aged Parent Visa
- Must be at the Australian pension age.
- Must meet the family – balance – test.
- Must obtain an Assurance of Support.
- Must meet health and character requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be approved for sponsorship.
- Must be suitable to sponsor: a settled Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Must agree to provide accommodation and financial support to the applicants.
Contact VEM for more information.
Cost of a Subclass 864 visa
The visa application fee is 47,755AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge) and divided into 2 instalments. There is an additional fee for each family member who applies with you. Additionally, you are required to pay for your health and police checks.
Contact directly to our consultants for free advice.
Processing time of a Subclass 864 visa
There is no standard processing time for this visa subclass.
Please contact VEM’s consultants for further assistance.
The process of applying for a Contributory Aged Parent Visa
The process that you (applicant) may need to know when applying for this visa:
- Step 1: Checking if you meet the requirements.
- Step 2: Submitting your application for a Subclass 864 visa and paying the first instalment.
- Step 3: Being processed and placing in a queue.
- Step 4: Waiting in an eligible place.
- Step 5: Being processed again.
- Step 6: Paying the second instalment.
- Step 7: Being granted a Subclass 864 visa.