eyeLượt xem2266
downloadNgười đăngPeter Phong D Cao

Subclass 143 visa – an Australian permanent visa for parents

It is estimated that there are 8,500 Contributory Parent visa to be granted in 2023-2024. How to be well-prepared for this Subclass 143 visa? Let’s read on to get advice from our qualified consultant!



What is a Contributory Parent visa?

A Contributory Parent visaSubclass 143 visa allows parents of settled Australian citizens/permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens to live in Australia permanently.


The Subclass 143 is the most common choice among Parent visas.


what is subclass 143 visa
What is a Contributory Parent visa?


The benefits of a Subclass 143


ResidencyTo live in Australia permanently.
Work and studyTo study and work in Australia.
Multiples entriesTravel to and from Australia as many times as you want within 5 years. After 5 years, you need to apply for a Resident Return visa (RRV) or become an Australian citizen.
Family membersAllow your eligible family members to apply for the visa together with you.
Health careAccess to Medicare – an Australia’s universal health insurance scheme.
CitizenshipApply for Australian citizenship.


subclass 143 parent visa
The benefits of a Subclass 143


The requirements of a Subclass 143 visa


The sponsor (children)
    • From and over 18 years of age. If you’re under 18 years of age, you must be sponsored by an eligible relative or community organisation.
    • Must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
    • Have lived in Australia for at least 2 years.
    • Must meet the health and character requirements.
    • Provide accommodation and financial support for the first 2 years the applicant lives in Australia.
    • Provide an assurance of support.
The applicant (parent)
    • Meet the balance-of-family test.
    • Must meet the health and character requirements.
    • No criminal record.
    • No debt to the Australian government.


Contact VEM for further assistance. Our consultant will help you to choose a suitable migration pathway and be well-prepared to apply for the visa.


Steps to apply for a Contributory Parent visa 143

    • Step 1: Check if you meet the Subclass 143 requirements.
    • Step 2: Prepare the documents and apply for the visa 143.
    • Step 3: Provide additional documents (if required).
    • Step 4: Receive Subclass 143.


australian visa for parents of permanent resident
Steps to apply for a Contributory Parent visa 143


You can apply for the visa yourself but it is recommended that you should use visa services provided by a registered migration agent to avoid wasting time and effort.


The cost of a Subclass 143 visa application

From July 1, 2023, the visa 143 cost is around AUD48,365.


For the main applicantFor the additional applicant
First instalmentAUD4,765
    • Over 18 years of age: AUD1,605
    • Under 18 years of age: AUD805
Second instalment AUD43,600
    • From and over 18 years of age: AUD43,600.
    • Under 18 years of age: AUD2,095
Assurance of SupportAUD10,000AUD4,000

Note: The Subclass 143 fees listed above do not include a 1.4% surcharge.


The Subclass 143 cost tends to increase every financial year. Contact VEM to get the latest cost.


Subclass 143 visa processing time

There is no information on processing time for Contributory Parent visa applications at the present time.

In addition, the visa processing time may be longer than the time frame if you:

    • Do not submit sufficient documents.
    • Provide unclear and inaccurate documents.
    • Provide inaccurate translated documents.


australian visa for parents
Subclass 143 visa processing time


Frequently asked questions

Can I include my family members on the application?

Yes, as long as they meet the requirements for dependent applicants.

Does Australia allow 2 sponsors for a Subclass 143?

Yes. With an Australian 143 visa, parents can be sponsored by 2 children in Australia in terms of the income test and assurance of support.

Are there any income requirements for the sponsor?

Yes, a certain level of income is required depending on your circumstances.

Where can I be when applying and being granted a Subclass 143 Contributory Parent visa?

You can apply for the visa onshore or offshore. However, you must be offshore when being granted the visa.


Contact VEM for further assistance! Our registered migration agent (MARN: 1577877) and member of Migration Institute of Australia (MIA: 12648) will legally advise and help your visa application well-prepared for the best possible outcome.


Find out more about other Australian visa:

Chia sẻ bài viết

11 thoughts on “Subclass 143 visa – an Australian permanent visa for parents

  1. Soe Lwin says:

    I have applied for 143 visa to be granted since 2020
    Now already waiting time is nearly 3.5 years
    Can I be granted after 3 years

  2. hieu says:

    cho e hỏi năm nay em 17 tuổi đang là du học sinh tại úc, trong năm 2022 thì nhà e có apply visa 143 và em là người ăn theo visa đó thì cho e hỏi thời gian xét duyệt tính từ năm nhà em apply là 6 hay 12 năm và bộ di trú cho phép con cái dưới 23 đi theo ba má diện visa 143 là tính từ thời gian apply hay là tới khi xét duyệt mới tính ạ, tại e sợ e 17 tuổi r thì có thể quá 23 tuổi mới xét ạ

  3. MeiSheng Chao says:

    We have provided all required documents and the deposit to center line office since February 15, 2023.
    How long will it take to receive the second installment notification from the immigration office?
    Please give us some idea.

  4. Marie Matthews says:

    Hi Peter.
    My husband and I have applied for a 143 visa in march 2020.
    We meet all the requirements and are young enough to work full time.
    We can fully support ourselves.
    Would love to know if we could get any idea of date for this Visa. When will it be queued?
    Thank you

  5. Juaniti Caragay Jr says:

    I am 64 yo and my wife is 64 yo. Our 2 children out of 4 are Australian citizen/PR.
    What type if visa to apply to permanently live in Australia?
    Thank you.

  6. Endy says:

    what is fastest way to get my mum into Australia ? (my father is deceased and my sister is in UK)

    • Shasi says:

      Please let me know if we are onshore with sub class 600 visa ,how long it will take us to get 143 visa so we could start work n live in Australia n travel

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.