Let’s discover with VEM about the Parent Subclass 103 visa
We know that deep down in your heart as most parents you want to live close to your children. The below useful information about parent subclass 103 visa may give you good tips in making your wish come true.
What is a Subclass 103 visa?
This visa allows you to live in Australia as a permanent resident. You can also include your immediate family members in your application and apply for an Australian citizen after meeting the requirements.
You can also apply for this visa if you are holding a Subclass 405 or 410 visa. Therefore:
- Do not need to meet the balance – of – the family test.
- Do not need to have an assurance of support
- Do not need a sponsor.
Benefits of a Subclass 103 visa
- Staying in Australia as a permanent resident.
- Working and studying in a high – quality country.
- Being entitled for Australian medicare.
- Being able to sponsor your family members.
- Applying for an Australian citizenship when meeting the requirements.
Requirements for a Subclass 103 visa
Both applicants and sponsors need to meet these following requirements to apply for this visa:
- Must be offshore when lodging the visa application.
- Meet the health and character requirements.
- Meet the balance – of – family test.
- Must be able to pay Assurance of Support.
- Must sign the Australian statement values.
- Must not owe to the Australian Government.
- Must be eligible to sponsor: an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Must provide accommodation, financial and household support for the visa holders for 2 years.
Cost of a Parent Visa – Subclass 103
The visa application fee is 6,415AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge) and divided into 2 instalments. You will need to pay for your first instalment when lodging your visa application.
The payment of the second instalment is paid at the time of decision. Each family member who applies with the applicant will also have to pay for the visa application fee.
In addition, there are other costs for health and police checks.
Contact VEM for more assistance.
Processing time of a Parent Visa – Subclass 103
There is no specific processing time for this subclass. However, with our experience, VEM’s migration consultants estimate that it may take 20 – 30 years for the outcome of a Subclass 103 visa.
Moreover, only a certain number of applications are approved by the DHA each year and your application may take a longer process or be refused if it is not prepared properly.
Contact VEM for assistance
Q&A about a Subclass 103 visa
ABSOLUTELY. You can include your partner, child or your partner’s child in your application (if meet requirements). If they are granted a visa, they will have the same benefits and obligations as you.
There are 2 alternative partner visas that have less processing time which are: Subclass 143 and Subclass 173 visas. However, they will cost much more than a Subclass 103 visa.
Visit and follow our website VEM for more information about visas.
Yes, they can.
Contact VEM for free consultations if you have any further questions.