VEM provides you detailed information about a Subclass 884 visa
A Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa – Subclass 884 gives you (applicant) another option to reunite with your children in Australia.
What is a Subclass 884 visa?
This is a temporary visa that allows parents to come and live with their children in Australia. You need to be onshore when lodging your visa application.
You will be granted Bridging Visa A when lodging the application to be able to stay in Australia until the outcome of your visa application.
Benefits when holding a Subclass 884 visa
- Living in Australia for up to 2 years.
- Having full study and work rights (not receiving any support from the government).
- Applying for a Contributory Aged Parent (Permanent) Visa – Subclass 864.
Requirements of a Subclass 884 visa
- Must be at the Australian pension age.
- Must meet the family – balance – test.
- Must meet health and character requirements.
- Must not have a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa – Subclass 870.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be approved for sponsorship.
- Must be suitable to sponsor: a settled Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Must agree to provide accommodation and financial support to the applicants.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
Cost of applying for a Subclass 884 visa
The visa application fee is 33,285AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge) and divided into 2 instalments. There is an additional fee for each family member who applies with you. In addition, you are also required to pay for your health and police checks.
Feel free to contact us for more information.
Processing time of a Subclass 884 visa
There is no processing time currently available for this visa. However, you must prepare your documents properly before lodging your visa application to avoid visa refusal.
Follow our website https://vemvisa.com/en/home/ for the newest update.
The process of applying for a Subclass 884 visa
- Step 1: Checking if you meet the requirements.
- Step 2: Submitting your application for a Subclass 884 visa and paying for the first instalment.
- Step 3: Being processed and placed in the queue.
- Step 4: Waiting in an eligible place.
- Step 5: Being processed again.
- Step 6: Paying for the second instalment.
- Step 7: Being granted a Subclass 884 visa.