Let’s explore a Skilled Nominated Visa – Subclass 190 with VEM
If you want to become a permanent resident under the skilled category, you may consider Skilled Nominated Visa – Subclass 190.
What is a Subclass 190 visa?
The Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is a permanent residency skilled migration visa aimed at professionals already living and working in a State or Territory with skills that are on the demands of that State/Territory. You are given extra points with this subclass visa.
Benefits when holding a Skilled Nominated Visa
- Staying in Australia as a permanent resident.
- Having full rights of working and studying.
- Being eligible for Australian medicare.
- Being able to sponsor relatives.
- Traveling in and out of Australia for up to 5 years.
- Applying for Australian citizenship when you meet requirements.
Requirements for a Subclass 190 visa
To apply for this visa, you (applicant) must meet the following requirements:
- Must be under 45 years old.
- Must be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.
- Must have an occupation on the skilled lists.
- Must have suitable skills assessment for the nominated occupation.
- Must score at least 65 migration points.
- Must satisfy health, character and English requirements.
- Must not have had a visa cancelled or an application refused.
Cost of a Subclass 190 visa
The visa application fee is 4,045AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge) for the main applicant. There is an additional fee for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
You are also required to pay for health and police checks. The fees may be changed every year. Contact VEM for more details.
Processing time of a Subclass 190 visa
According to the DHA’s website:
- 75% of the applications are processed within 10 months.
- 90% of the applications are processed within 13 months.
To avoid visa refusal, you need to have a reliable and qualified agency to help you prepare your documents properly.
The process of applying for a Skilled Nominated Visa
- Step 1: Checking if your occupation is on the skilled occupation list and having 65 immigration points.
- Step 2: Submitting Expression of Interest (EOI) in the SkillSelect.
- Step 3: Waiting for an invitation to apply for this visa.
- Step 4: Gathering your documents.
- Step 5: Applying for the Subclass 190 visa within 60 days of invitation.
Documents required for a Subclass 190 visa
- Identity documents.
- Relationship documents (if married).
- IELTS certificates.
- Skills Assessment documents.
Contact VEM’s migration consultants if you need more help in preparing your documents.
Q&A about a Skilled Nominated Visa – Subclass 190
You are required to have an invitation from an Australian state or territory government agency as this is a part of application requirements to apply for a Subclass 190 visa.
You must have at least 65 migration points to submit your Expression of Interest (EOI). The higher points you obtain the better chance you are invited to apply for the visa.
You are not required to have an employer to sponsor you to apply for this visa. However, you need to and work in an area that you are approved for.