Newest information about Australian Skilled Migration Visas (Regional Visas)
People from all over the world may have opportunities to work and live permanently in Australia via the Skilled Migration Visa Scheme. Let’s discover with VEM to see whether you fit into this scheme.
Reasons to apply for Australian Skilled Migration Visas
Australian Skilled Migration Visas allow you (applicant) to live and work in Australia in a specific duration of time depending on the requirements of each subclass.
You are also able to apply for permanent residence if you meet the conditions and requirements of each visa type.
Benefits of Skilled Migration Visas
Holding a Skilled Migration Visa you can stay in Australia from 2 to 5 years depending on your subclass. You will have full travelling, working and studying right.
You are able to apply for becoming a permanent resident if you meet the requirements. Your family members can be included in your application.
Contact VEM for free consultations if you have any questions.
Requirements of Skilled Migration Visas
There are some general requirements that you (applicant) should know when lodging the visa application:
- Must be under 45 years old (except for subclass 482 and 494)
- Must have an occupation on the skilled lists.
- Must meet health, character and standard English requirements.
- Must have a relevant skills assessment (except subclass 482).
Adjustments in Skilled Migration Visas
- The maximum age has changed from 50 years old to 45 years old.
- The required relevant work experience must be at least 3 year before applying for a permanent resident.
- Your salaries paid according to Australian Work Rights.
- Labour contract by employer sponsor through ENS/RSMS must pay for Skilling Australians Fund (SAF).
- Skilled List changes regularly each year.
You can follow our website https://vemvisa.com/en/home/ or seek for our migration consultants if you need any help.
Streams of Skilled Migration Visa
|Permanent Skilled Visas||Subclass 189 & Subclass 190 & Subclass 191 & & Subclass 186|
|Skilled Work Regional Visas||Subclass 491 & Subclass 494|
|Talented Visas||Subclass 124 & Global Talent Visa (GTI)|
|Skilled Shortage Visas||Subclass 482|
Migration points in Australian Skilled Migration Visas
The table below shows you how to calculate your migration points
|Ages||18 – 21||25|
|25 – 32||30|
|33 – 39||25|
|40 – 44||15|
|English levels||IELTS 6.0 in each part||0|
|IELTS 7.0 in each part||10|
|IELTS 8.0 in each part||20|
|Relevant work experience
|Under 3 years||0|
|3 – 4 years||5|
|5 – 7 years||10|
|More than 8 years||15|
|Relevant work experience
|Under 1 year||0|
|1 – 2 years||5|
|3 – 4 years||10|
|5 – 7 years||15|
|More than 8 years||20|
|Certificates||Achievements/Certificates are approved by Australian Skilled Quality Authority (ASQA)||10|
|Qualifications/Diploma Certificates in Australia||10|
|Bachelor Degree/Master Degree||15|
|Special qualifications||Master Degree in researching or
PhD Degree by Australian Institution with at least 2 relevant academic years.
|Qualification of study requirement||Have at least 1 degree/certificate from a qualified Australian Educational Institution||5|
|Partner with similar
|Complete training session in Australia||5|
|Being sponsored by an Australian state or territory government agency (Subclass 190 visa)||5|
|Being sponsored by relatives or government in regional areas (Subclass 489 visa)||5|
|Study in a regional area||5|
The process when lodging the Skilled Migration Visas
- Step 1: Checking if you have at least 65 migration points and your occupation is on the skilled list (you may require to attach Ielts certificate in your application).The process when lodging the Skilled Migration Visas
- Step 2: Submitting Expression of Interest (EOI) and waiting the response from Australian state or territory government (if apply for Subclass 190/489 visas).
- Step 3: Applying for the Skilled Migration Visas within 60 days of invitation.
Q&A about Skilled Migration Visas
It depends on the needs of Australian society that the occupation lists are often changed. However, your application may have the potential opportunity to be processed if your occupation belongs to one of the areas of medical, engineering, IT and education.
You CANNOT. You may consider to study another course which will help you to apply for Skilled Migration Visas in the future.
You may improve your IELTS test score, obtain more work experience, study in a regional area, etc.
We have a table with migration points on our website that could give you some information on how to improve your migration points for your point test.
Each state has different requirements to apply for Skilled Migration Visas.
Contact VEM’s consultants for more advice.