VEM is proud of providing you information of Subclass 476 visa
If you want to have a chance to get experience, in particular an engineering fields, in such a high – quality and developed country like Australia then let’s find out in detail about a Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa – Subclass 476 with VEM in below.
What is a Subclass 476 visa?
This is a temporary visa that allows graduates from engineering studies to explore Australia and earn valuable experience up to 18 months.
Benefits while holding a Subclass 476 visa
- Staying, working and travelling in Australia within 18 months.
- You can also apply for a Subclass 189 visa to become a permanent residence after this if you meet the requirements.
Requirements of a Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa – Subclass 476
- Must be under 31 years old.
- Must have a degree or higher qualification in engineering from the specified educational institution.
- Must not previously hold a Subclass 485 or Subclass 476 visa.
- Must meet health and character requirements.
- Must not owe to Australian Government.
- Must not have a visa cancelled or an application refused.
- Must meet English proficiency level unless you hold a valid passport from the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand and Republic or Ireland by showing that you have achieved one of the following English test:
|IELTS||At least score 6.0 in overall. |
At least score 5.0 in each of 4 parts.
|TOEFL iBT||At least score 64 points in total. |
|Pearson Test of English Academy (PTE Academy)||At least score 50 points. |
At least score 36 points in each of 4 parts.
|Occupational English Test (OET)||At least score B in each of 4 parts.|
|Cambridge English (CAE)||At least score 169 points in total. |
At least score 154 points in each of 4 parts.
Cost of a Subclass 476 visa
The visa application fee is 405AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge) for the main applicant. There is also an additional fee for each family member who applies with you. Besides, you are also required to pay for health and police checks.
Contact VEM’s experts if you need to know further information.
Processing time of a Subclass 476 visa
There is no specific processing time for this visa due to Covid – 19. However, we can help you to prepare your documents properly to avoid visa refusal.
Please feel free to contact our migration consultant.
Q&A about a Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa – Subclass 476
You can be both onshore or offshore when lodging the visa application. However, you must be outside of Australia when the visa is granted.
No, you cannot. You are required to apply for other visas if you want to stay longer in Australia.
There are some disadvantages that applicants may need to know:
You can only apply for this visa once in your life and cannot extend for a longer stay.
This is a temporary visa (TR) and only applies for people who have engineering qualifications from specified institutions.
You need to apply for another visa to become a permanent resident.