VEM helps you to discover Subclass 188C visa
The Significant Investor Visa – Subclass 188C is targeted by many people who have significant funds to invest in Australian. All it requires for this visa is a capital of 5 million AUD.
What is a Subclass 188C visa?
This is a temporary visa for people who are capable and willing to invest at least 5 million AUD in Australian for the 4 year period, after which time the applicant can seek to apply for the subclass 888 permanent residency visa.
Benefits when holding a Subclass 188C visa
- Being able to carry out investment activity in Australia.
- Staying in Australia for up to 4 years and 3 months.
- Being able to bring your eligible family member with you.
- Having multiple travels between your country and Australia.
- Applying for a Significant Investor (Permanent) Visa Stream if you meet the requirements.
Requirements of Significant Investor Visa Stream
To apply for this visa stream, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be nominated by the Australian State or Territory government agency.
- Must be able to invest at least 5 million AUD and maintain your investment in at least 4 years including:
- A total of at least AUD500,000 must be invested in one or more Venture Capital and Growth Private Equity Funds (VCPE), and
- A total of at least AUD1,500,000 must be invested in ‘Emerging Companies’, and
- A ‘balancing investment’ of up to $3 million in managed funds that may invest in a range of assets, including ASX-listed companies, Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities and commercial real estate.
- Must not have involvement in unacceptable activities.
- Must meet functional English, health and character requirements.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need more detailed information.
Cost of a Subclass 188C visa
The visa application fee is 7,880AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge) for the main applicant. There is an additional fee for each family member who applies for this visa with you:
- Additional applicant who is over 18 years old: 3,940AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge).
- Additional applicant who is under 18 years old: 1,975AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge).
Besides, you need to pay an extra fee for the applicant who is at least 18 years old and does not meet the functional English requirements. This fee is also called second instalment and only paid when the visa is going to be granted to you:
- Main applicant: 9,795AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge).
- Family member: 4,890AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge).
Feel free to contact us for more details.
Processing time of a Subclass 188C visa
There is no standard processing time currently available for this visa stream.
However, you must prepare your documents properly before lodging your visa application to avoid longer process time or visa refusal.
Contact VEM’s migration consultant for more advice.