Information about Premium Investor (Provisional) Visa Stream
One of the most important things for people who want to immigrate by investing in Australia is choosing an appropriate investment visa stream that is suitable with their financial and circumstances. A Premium Investor (Provisional) Visa Stream – Subclass 188D does not have any limit on age or relevant managing business experience. Let’s discover with VEM about this visa stream below.
What is a Subclass 188D visa?
This is a temporary visa stream only for people who are nominated by Austrade by investing at least 15 million AUD in Australian.
Benefits when holding a Premium Investor (Provisional) Visa Stream
- Being able to carry out investment activities in Australia.
- Staying in Australia for up to 4 years and 3 months.
- Being able to bring your eligible family members to Australia with you.
- Having multiple travels between your country and Australia.
- Applying for a permanent residence visa after 1 year if you meet requirements.
Requirements of a Subclass 188D visa
To apply for this visa stream, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be nominated by Austrade.
- Must be invited to apply for this visa.
- Must make the complying premium investment of at least 15AUD million.
- Must have personal assets legally acquired, unencumbered worth at least 15AUD million and always be available to make the complying investments in Australia.
- Must not have actions against the Commonwealth.
- Must have a genuine intention to hold the investment during your visa period.
- Must meet functional English, health and character requirements.
Cost of a Premium Investor (Provisional) Visa Stream
The visa application fee is 9,455AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge) for the main applicant. There is an additional fee for each family member who applies for this visa with you:
- Family members who are over 18 years old: 4,725AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge).
- Family members who are under 18 years old: 2,365AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge).
In addition, you may pay an extra fee for the applicant who is at least 18 years old and does not meet the functional English requirements. This fee is also called second instalment and you only pay when the visa is going to be granted to you:
- Main applicant: 9,795AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge).
- Family member: 4,890AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge).
You are also required to pay for health and police checks when lodging the visa application.
Feel free to contact us for more details.
Processing time of a Subclass 188D visa
There is no standard processing time currently available for this visa stream.
However, you must prepare your documents properly before lodging your visa application to avoid a longer process or visa refusal. You may need a reliable and qualified agency to help you out with your documents and application.
You can also visit our post: Australian Business/Investment Visas for more information about other visa subclasses and the latest update.
Q&A about Premium Investor (Provisional) Visa Stream – Subclass 188D
Yes, you can. You can either be onshore or offshore when you lodge your visa application.
No. You are not required migration points to apply for this visa stream.
Contact VEM’s consultants for free advice.
Follow our website https://vemvisa.com/en/home/ for further information.