Let’s exploring with VEM about a Subclass 188B visa
You and your family want to live in one of the best countries in the world. You should know about Australian Investor Visa Stream – Subclass 188B.
What is a Subclass 188B visa?
This is a temporary visa that allows you to invest a certain amount of money in the Australian Government bonds for a certain period of time so that you and your family members can be eligible to become Australian permanent residents.
Benefits when holding a Subclass 188B visa
- Being able to carry out business and invest activities in Australia.
- Staying in Australia for up to 4 years and 3 month.
- Having multiple travels in and out of Australia.
- Being able to bring your immediate family members with you.
- Applying for an Investor (Permanent) Visa Stream if you meet certain requirements.
Requirements of an Investor Visa Stream
- Must not be over 55 years old (there is exceptional depending on each state or territory).
- Must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency.
- Must have 3 years in directly managing qualifying investments to the value of at least 1.5 million AUD or directly managing a business that you have at least 10% ownership.
- Must have personal assets lawfully acquired worth 2.25 million AUD.
- Must make the designated investment of at least 1.5 million AUD in government bonds in the state or territory where the nominating state or territory agency is located.
- Must score at least 65 migration points.
- Must not have history involvement in unaccepted business activities.
- Must meet functional English, health and character requirements.
Cost of a Subclass 188B visa
The visa application fees are applicable to the main applicant and each dependent applicant:
- Main applicant: 5,375AUD Additional applicant who is over 18 years old: 2,685AUD
- Additional applicant who is under 18 years old: 1,345AUD.
Furthermore, each applicant who is at least 18 years old and does not meet the functional English requirements. This fee is also called a second instalment which you are required to pay before the visa is granted.
- Main applicant: 9,795 AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge).
- Family member: 4,890 AUD (not including 1.4% surcharge).
You are also required to pay for health and police checks when lodging the visa application.
Feel free to contact us for more details.
Processing time of a Subclass 188B visa
According to the DHA’s website, there is no standard processing time currently available for this visa stream.
However, your documents must be well – prepared to avoid longer process or visa refusal. You find an eligible and reliable agency to help you with your application.
Contact VEM for more assistance.
The process of applying for a Subclass 188B visa
- Step 1: Preparing your documents.
- Step 2: Submitting your Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Step 3: Applying for Investor Visa Stream – Subclass 188B.
- Step 4: Investing in the State or Territory that nominated you.
- Step 5: Being granted a Subclass 188B visa.
Q&A about Investor Visa Stream – Subclass 188B
No, you CANNOT. You cannot stay longer in Australia by extending this visa stream. Follow our website: vemvisa.com/en/home/ for more details.
You can be both onshore or offshore when lodging your visa application. However, you are required to hold an eligible visa if you are in Australia.
Your investment must be unencumbered funds and generated from legally qualified business or eligible investments or personal assets.
Absolutely. It is strictly required to provide the evidence of how you obtain your funds.