Why is the Australian student visa 500 so valuable? High quality teaching, safe community, clean environment and strong economic growth! The convergence of all these benefits has helped Australia attract many students from around the world. Those are the reasons why the Australian visa 500 is worth it.
Benefits you get when you have an Australian student visa 500
The Australian student visa (Subclass 500) is issued by the Australian Government to foreign individuals desiring to study full-time at educational institutions certified by Australia.
When you have an student visa of Australia, you automatically have the following 4 benefits:
1. Take a registered full-time course
2. Qualified family members may accompany you
3. You and your family can work part-time jobs with certain hours according to the regulations
4. Stay in Australia until the end of the course
Conditions for Australian student visa
Firstly, you must register and be admitted to an Australian school. Then you can think about applying for an student visa 500.
Australia is a technologically advanced country, so when applying for an Australian student visa, you can apply online. But do not forget, you must comply with the conditions for a student visa. These conditions will be notified by the Australian Department of Immigration when applying for a visa.
Duration of Australian student visa
The duration of Australian student visa depends on the length of the course. Specifically:
- If the course is less than 10 months: Duration of study plus 01 month
- If the course is over 10 months and ends from January to October every year: Duration of study plus 2 months
- If the course is over 10 months and ends at the end of the Australian school year (November, December each year): The visa term ends on March 15 of the following year.
Regulations on work hours in Australia
Australian students and their relatives are allowed to work part-time. Maximum of 20 hours per week if studying under the Master’s degree.
If the education level is Master and PhD, the regulation is more open. Students and their relatives will not be limited working time.
According to VEM’s experience, the income earned from part-time jobs can completely cover the cost of living of international students. If you want a specific number, you can read the information about the cost of studying in Australia that VEM has compiled.
Visa application for studying in Australia
Is it easy or difficult to apply for an Australian student visa? The answer is that thoughtful preparation will always pay off.
The level of thoughtfulness will help the process of your application process faster. So do not ignore the list of the following documents:
- Student visa application form 157
- Detailed family declaration form 67
- Passport: Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to come to Australia
- 04 new portrait photos 4 × 6 cm taken in less than 2 months
- A copy of the household registration book with all pages notarized by the local competent authority
- Offer letter from a University / College
- Curriculum vitae in Vietnamese certified by local authorities
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- In case the applicant is married, you must submit a certified copy of the marriage certificate
- Relevant documents to prove your current job (if you worked)
- Proof that you have purchased health insurance for the entire course of study
- Letter showing the study plan
- Certified copy of all diplomas, certificates, transcripts during the course of studying and working in Vietnam.
- Proof of family finances: Including a savings book, property ownership documents, proof of income, etc. to make sure your family can afford to pay for school expenses, eating, going back and forth for you during your time studying in Australia.
- In addition, for students under the age of 18, you will need to submit an additional letter of guardianship.
Advice from the expert
In this list for Australian student visa, VEM recommends paying special attention to the presentation of study purpose statement. This will be one of the most prominent and important points in your application, which is the key to whether the case officer agrees to grant you a visa. An ambiguous study statement will ruin any preparation of your application.
In addition, VEM’s expert recommends that if you intend to stay in Australia after graduating, you should choose to study the field named in the list of priority occupations. Choosing the right course you can apply for a graduate visa to work in Australia.
As such, you absolutely can become an Australian student if you meet all the requirements for Australian student visa 500. For guardians who want to come to Australia to look after international students, check out the Australian visa experience for guardian visa. Follow the VEM’s website to get the necessary information and contact VEM’s Australian Education consultant through the following channels for a free consultation:
Victory Education Migration
Headquarters: 364 Dien Bien Phu Street, Wards 17, Binh Thạnh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Australia Office: Level 24-25, 108 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000, Australia
Your entire journey has VEM’s companion